Windows 10 Update: Windows 10 is latest and upgrade version and so many users use windows 10 in their PCs. Windows 10 introduce lots of new feature for users in the operating system. Upgraded version of Windows 10 help the user to fulfill all the needs of user in the different perspective.
If you are a home and non-commercial user, then you may use Windows 10 Home, if you are a Pro and need Windows for your organization then you can use Windows 10 Enterprise or Pro version. For student there is a separate version that is Windows 10 Students.
Windows update is a free Microsoft service that is provide updates like patches and service packs for Microsoft software and Windows Operating System. Windows 10 Update can be used to update drive for the most popular devices of the pc.
How to Access Windows Update?
Windows Update is depends on the user that which Windows operating system they are using:
• Windows 10: Windows update is available from the start menu and it is a part of system settings.
• Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Vista: Windows update is integrated as a Control Panel applet and is accessible from within Control Panel.
• Windows XP, 2000, ME,98: Windows Update is accessible using the Windows Update website through Internet Explorer.
Whatis Windows 10 Update Used for?
Windows 10 update is used to update Microsoft Windows and many other Microsoft programs. Windows update include many other features also such as security update which help the user to protect their data from malware and other cyber-attacks. All the updates will be installed or saved to the pc through the Windows Update Service. And user can also use Windows update to access the update history.
How to Disable Windows Update in Windows 10?
There is no secret that Microsoft has changed lot of components and location of many tools in windows 10. Some of the options have completely removed from the windows 10 and many of the settings have been changed from the classic control panel to the new setting app.
While classic control panel is still present in Windows 10 after updation and we need to move to the classic control panel to access many of the settings, so some of the familiar windows update settings are neither present in the control panel nor available in Settings app.
If a user want to disable windows update in windows 10 then in that case there are three method to stop Windows 10 from automatically downloading updates. Some method are given below according to the user choice they can choose any of the method to disable windows update in windows 10.
Method 1 to Disable Update Windows:Change Your Network Type Of Metered
When user are on metered connection in that case Windows 10 doesn't download updates. Then user make use this go to metered connection property to their network connection. Wi-Fi and other hotspots can be set as Metered connection Go through and set metered connection in windows 10 update.
Method 2 to Disable Windows Update: Use Registry
This method is going to use local group policy editor. This method is not suitable in
windows 10 update home.
• Click on local group policy editor and type Edit Group Policy in search box then click enter key.
• Navigate to the following policy:
• Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Update.
• Then on the right-side, double-click on the policy labelled Configure Automatic Updates to open its properties.
• Under Configure automatic updating select the Enabled option.
Method 3: Disable Windows Update Permanently
This is the best method to completely disable Windows Update in windows 10. Through this method we can disable the service by downloading, installing and updates for windows 10 and other programs also.
• Click on start menu and type services in taskbar search box then click enter key.
• You can look for the service called windows updates. For use windows updates right click on it and then click properties to openWindows Update Properties dialog box.
• Further change the startup type to disabled it. After disable click apply button and then reboot your computer.
How to Use Windows Update?
User open the windows update control panel applet, then list of available updates is appear, customized to your specific computer.
According to the user select the updates to install and follow the instructions which is given to download and install the updates. Then user will be prompted to restart the computer after all the updates are finished installing. Through this user can easily update download and install on their computer.